Want an RSS Friendship?
Have a look at my blog. Yes, yes, I know, you are here so you are looking at it, but I am just talking about something in particular.
At the top you’ll see my banner, with an orange light bulb logo made by myself with Illustrator CS2. On your right is the sidebar, showing off her wealth of links to the other parts of the blo… Ahem… sorry, I got carried away. All right let’s get serious, for RSS’ sake.
Now, have a look at my home pageâ€”oh! Wait…
… Right. Are you back? Ok I said “now have a look at my home page”, but I didn’t mean now now. I meant now in a minute. How are you supposed to read this page and look at the home page at the same time? And don’t you tell me you can do tabbed browsing because I do too and, even with all the tabs in the world, you just can’t look at two pages at once. Now sit down and don’t hold grudge. I am trying to get to the point here.
Would you like to have your blog featured without having to pay advertising? Well, I have an idea. I really love hooking up to the rest of the world. Have a look… in a minute, at my Elsewhere page, it’s got the entries of my Designorati site and links to other sites too. The entries you see are fed by RSS feeds. Same for my home page which you will have a look at in a minute. There can be any feeds in those pages, not just mine. So what about you give me your feed and I display it here? Yes, you’ll get extra exposure and I get to link to some interesting site which I think is relevant to my own and possibly I get mentioned by you. I think it’s fair isn’t it?
And even for the readers, it’d be great to have lots of related content about what they like in one place, so they find what they want and click just on the right link for them. Your site will also be featured next to my header, on the right hand side of the blog, where you see the current feature articles. It will appear at randomn so that all sites featured get to be shown.
So here’s what I need from you:
- A valid RSS link from your blog
- A graphic 100 x 100 pixels, in JPG, PNG or GIF format, to display as in the feature section of my site
- A description of your site/blog. It doesn’t matter how long it is, but I guess about 500 words would do it. You can send me a short bio of yourself instead, if you prefer.
- Your blog has to do with design, whichever type of design, arts, blogging, software, computing, hardware and so on. Whether it will be featured it will be at my discretion.
- You don’t have to link back to me, even though I’d appreciate it.
- No, spam or porn please. As I said I will decide whether your blog/site will be featured so don’t even try to send me silly links.
- To submit your blog just click on the “contact us” link and send me everything.
At the moment RSS feeds will be displayed for a week, before they get changed to the next one. Things might change in the future, I’ll let you know about it. If you want your feed to display permanently on my blog contact me and we can discuss it.
Now feel free to look at my home page…
[tags]RSS, feed, blog, blogging, blogsphere, web, weblog, weblogs[/tags]
January 25, 2006